Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tears

I am not ashamed of who I am, of what has brought me here today. I am not ashamed to say I've cried many nights or that I've lowered my standards in the past. Hey, I count that as community service. I'm not ashamed to say that I've been wrong to love whom I've loved and not to love whom I haven't. It is true that one cannot dictate in the matters of the heart. Regardless, as I always say to my readers: there's always a lesson to be learned. 
I learned to wipe my tears in silence. Hell, I've learned to accept a tissue or two from others when I'm being loud, too. I learned to wear more of that concealing paste. I even learned a few makeup tricks. But most importantly, I learned that tears do heal. Unfortunately for me, when you cry, you do look like crap, BUT afterwards, you come to accepting your situations and move on. 
Unfortunately, when it comes to losing a loved one, you never get over it. But most of the time, you come to accepting that they are gone and learn to appreciate the moments of joy you lived with the person. It's hard, especially when you truly loved them, but it's life. 
I always tell my readers: "they always come back" when it comes to relationships... and they DO! Funny thing is, it is usually a little too late. When you've already gone through the healing process and are able to tell them to go on their merry way. And IF they're lucky enough that you want to give it a shot, it usually doesn't work out anyway. 
Tears can be a symbol of washing away. They wash away the pain and allow for a new beginning. And aren't we all worthy of a new beginning? So allow yourself to cry if you need to, but remember that you only live once, so don't go wasting time crying when you could be having a blast starting over. 
xo, 
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment